Micromax Canvas 4 Launch, Specifications, Price and our View
Micromax, after creating a huge marketing buzz, has finally launched its flagship Micromax Canvas 4 A210 with somewhat disappointing hardware specifications. The pricing of this phone is also quite aggressive- 17,999 Rs ~ 300 USD at launch. Canvas 4 was up for pre-order on Micromax’s official website from June 28, 2013 for a refundable sum of Rs. 5,000 and the shipment will start from July 10.
CPU & GPU:
Micromax has included some cool features borrowed from the king of smartphones Samsung Galaxy S4 but neglected the hardware, CPU and GPU. In-fact the CPU is the same as you got previously on the Canvas HD A116 – 1.2GHz quad-core with MediaTek MT6589 chipset and the GPU is also the same PowerVR SGX544MP. Even the display isn’t full HD as expected, it’s a 5″ HD IPS display with 16.7M colors ['true color']. The RAM is also 1GB.
Micromax is basically following Samsung step-by-step by incorporating cool software features and we highly appreciate this as phones from Indian brands usually come with the stock Android user interface, ie without any customisation. When you are using a ‘smartphone’, your phone should be really smart and Micromax is the only Indian brand that is trying to make their phones ‘smart’. Here is a list of cool features Micromax has added into their flagship-
- Blow to unlock: You can blow to the screen to unlock the phone
- Take panorama shots in portrait mode ie by holding the phone straight
- Pin video player or browser [true multi-tasking]: You can play videos or browse the internet on a pop-up window and do other things on the screen. This is a feature of Galaxy Note 2 & Galaxy S4.
- Look away: The phone will detect your eyes when you play a video and the video will pause if you look away from the display. This feature is also directly borrowed from Galaxy S4.
- Preview another video: You can preview another video without interrupting the video being watched.
- Swipe to control: You can increase or decrease the brightness and the volume of Canvas 4 just by swiping your hand over the phone.
- Auto answer/call: You can answer any call just by bringing the phone to your ear and also call any contact by opening the contact and then bring the phone to your ear.
- Flip: While you are in an active call, you can turn on the loudspeaker by turning over the phone. You can silent a call by doing the same.
- Play safe: Now block your SIM card, wipe phone memory, take automated data-backup & even get a temporary handset in case of mobile theft – free for 1 year.
Multimedia and Connectivity:
There are other nice things Micromax has done like including a best-in-class 13MP AF rear camera with full HD recording and a huge 5MP FF camera at the front. The OS is also the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1. The internal storage is great 16GB and you will get around 10GB out of the box. On the previous Canvas HD, the low internal storage was disappointing so now you can relax and install huge games and apps into your canvas 4 A210. The battery is decent 2000mAh and the the 3G capability is up to 42MBPS which is the best you can get on any smartphone. You are also getting USB 3.0 connectivity and the best BlueTooth 4.0 version.
The exterior is made of anodised aluminium and there is an aluminium flip cover comes free with this Canvas 4. The weight is decent 158g and the dimensions are 144.5 x 73 x 8.9 mm. There are two colors available - Pristine White & Smoky Grey.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT FROM FLIPKART.COM, PLEASE BUY FROM THE LINKS BELOW -
White- Black- what’s this?